Monday, April 23, 2012

The Importance of Meal Planning

Last week was kind of unusual for us around here. Normally I am pretty on top of our meals and have everything worked out for the week, but last week my husband was out of town at a conference so I decided to wing it. How do people function like that?? I was a complete mess of daily trips to the store, incomplete meals and less than nutritious choices. It also doesn't help that I have recently realized that my body is not a big fan of dairy so dinners are a bit more complicated. The kids were wanting cheesy raviolis and  paninis on asiago cheese bread. I was surviving on vegan smoothies. Seriously, I felt like I was STARVING. Well, no more because I am back to meal planning!!

This week was a short one. The weekend is filled with Girl Scout recognition banquets so I only had to fill 4 nights. :)

Monday - Carnitas with black beans and brown cilantro lime rice
Tuesday - Spice rubbed Chicken strips with cilantro dipping sauce and veggie dippers
Wednesday - Spicy Shrimp Sandwich with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise, potato salad and pinto beans
Thursday - Curried Eggplant, Lentil, and Quinoa Burgers with Onion-Pepper Relish
Friday - Girl Scout banquet
Saturday - Day in Austin for more Girl Scout fun


What is on your menu for the week?

2 comments:

randy said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com

kacper@tastyquery.com/ said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!