1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup rice wine
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
3 tablespoons sliced lemon grass
3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
3 tablespoons chile paste
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 pounds flank steak
In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, lime juice and sesame oil. Stir in onion, basil, mint, lemon grass and crushed peanuts. Season with chile paste, coriander and garlic salt.
Layer steak with marinade. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Spray a large sheet of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray. Drain liquid from marinade. Layer meat on foil with the remaining non-liquid marinade ingredients. Fold edges of foil to seal
To Freeze: Freeze in freezer safe container.
To Reheat: Defrost. Preheat outdoor grill at medium-high heat, lightly oil grate. Cook foil packs for 20 minutes.
Slow Cooker French Dip
3-4 pounds sirloin tip or boneless beef rump roast
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 packet French dip or brown gravy mix
8 sandwich rolls
Combine roast and Worcestershire sauce in a gallon freezer bag and freeze.
That completely and place roast in slow cooker. Sprinkle with gravy mix and add ¼ cup water. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Serve thin slices of roast on sandwich rolls with bowls of juices on the side.
APPLE "DUMP" CHICKEN
1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Pieces -- (4 to 6)
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon tarragon
1 Whole apple -- cored and sliced
1/4 cup green onion -- diced
For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place all ingredients into a
large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run
clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat
To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make
sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest
from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this
may not be the best option with a side-by-side fridge/freezer). Preheat the
oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and
bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30
minutes for chicken breasts).
Easy Chicken Marsala
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves about 1.5-2 pounds
• 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
• 1.5 tablespoon butter
• 1.5 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
• 3/4 cup Marsala wine
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, garlic salt, pepper, and oregano. Dredge chicken in the mixture to lightly coat.
2. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken in the skillet for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chicken over, and add mushrooms. Cook about 2 minutes, until other side of chicken is lightly browned. Stir mushrooms so that they cook evenly.
3. Pour Marsala wine over the chicken. Cover skillet, and reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes. Cool and Freeze.
Thaw and place in saucepan cook 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve with cooked noodles or roasted potatoes.
Tip: If you pound the chicken flat it cooks much quicker and more evenly
Slow Cooker Green Chili Pork Roast
3 pound boneless pork loin
8 oz jar of salsa Verde
3 tablespoons of lime juice
Place all ingredients in a large freezer bag and freeze.
Thaw completely and place contents of bag in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Serve with corn tortillas and salsa of your choice.
Smoked Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
3/4 cup chopped fresh sage and thyme mix
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 thick center-cut, boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper
1.Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
2.In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
3.Lay the chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact. Stuff cheese mixture into pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick. Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
4.Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Careful not to overcook!
Spicy Korean Pork Barbecue
1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin cut into ¼ inch slices
3 tbls brown sugar
3 tbls soy sauce
2 ¼ tbls thai chili paste
¾ tsp ground ginger
1.5 tsp dark sesame oil
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp chopped garlic
Combine the pork with the remaining ingredients in a 1 gallon freezer bag and freeze.
Thaw and prepare grill. Place a grilling basket on a grill rack. Remove the pork from the bag and discard the marinade. Place the pork on the grilling baskets and grill for 5 minutes turning frequently or until you reach the desired doneness.
Moroccan Lamb with Shiraz Honey Sauce
Adapted from allrecipes.com
• 1 (7 bone) rack of lamb, trimmed and frenched
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 1/2 tablespoons ras el hanout or garam masala blend with added cinnamon and cardomom
• 1 cup Shiraz wine
• 1/4 cup agave nectar
• ¼ cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Season lamb with sea salt, and rub with ras el hanout. In a skillet over medium high heat, sear lamb on all sides until evenly browned.
3. Place skillet with lamb in the preheated oven, and roast 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature has reached a minimum of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
4. Remove lamb from skillet, reserving juices, and allow to rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing ribs. Place skillet with juices over medium heat, and stir in wine, agave nectar, and honey. Cook until reduced by about half. Drizzle over ribs to serve.