Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Low carb Soups

In an effort to try to keep to a relatively low- carb diet, I have been making soups for lunch. A mexican chicken soup recipe that I love has been a favorite for awhile now. It is basically chicken, fresh salsa and chicken broth with some herbs and spices. Very easy to make and really satisfying. Recently I tried a new recipe though that may recipe my old standby. Chili Verde. It is simple, but full of flavor. It has pinto beans and chicken, so it has alot of fiber and protein to keep you full and green chiles, onions and garlic for lots of flavor. This is definitely a new fav for me and its GOOD - FAST - CHEAP !! At about $5 for a big pot of soup you can't go wrong.







Tonights dinner is going to be Crunchy Ranch chicken tenders with sweet potato fries and peas. It is from a batch cooking session I did with some friends, but more on that later. Happy cooking!

No comments: