Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pork Update: Sage Berry Stuffed Pork Loin Roast

Last night we cooked the roast I had put in the freezer after last weeks prep. Sage Berry Stuffed Pork Loin Roast was excellent. It held up really well in the freezer and had a nice texture. The flavor was unbelievable!! The cranberry flavor was mild and throughout the meat, not just in the stuffing. It is a definite new family favorite.

Look how gorgeous it turned out to be!!


I set the roast on a rack instead of the suggested broiler pan and cooked it in the oven for about an hour and a half.

The roast rested on the cutting board for about 15 minutes while I finished up the sides and allowed the juices to redistribute. Oh and thats a bag of dried basil from my garden in the background! I stopped cooking with weed in the early 90's.

Cutting it into rounds really showed off the filling. This is a must try recipe.


No comments: