Monday, November 29, 2010

This weeks meal plan: November 29th

i am going to apologize in advance for the rambling nature of this post. Holiday craziness has descended upon my household and I haven't had much of a chance to get my thoughts together on a great blog post, but I wanted to write something. As I was making up my weekly meal plan I figured that is as interesting as I can be right now. I promise to have more excitement later!

The end of the month always get a bit lean on meals for us.  The freezer stash gets low and I need to get creative to fill it up. This week I am trying to use up what I have and around so I can restock with fresh meals for the moth. Currently I don't have very many complete meals, but lots of ingredients laying around that I am going to try to combine into some excellent dinners.

 My game plan for the week is this -I have a few things that I am going to steal from my freezer stash and then a few new recipes to try out. One night I am going to let the 10 year old cook because I want the break and she needs to learn. Part of my evil plan is to train her to cook for us then I just get to cook for customers and pure enjoyment. BBBBWWWWWAHAHA

This weeks plan consists of:
Monday - Sage Berry Pork loin roast with Brussels sprouts and corn
Tuesday - Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken with steamed rice and baked stuffed artichokes
Wednesday - Sausage and Tomatoes over penne - made by 10 year old
Thursday - Teryaki Tilapia with asian style turnip greens and quinoa -
Friday - Date Night!! WOO HOOO
Saturday - Slow Cooker Broccoli  Potato Cheese Soup
Sunday - Italian Beef Pie

The Sage Berry Pork loin is assembled and from the freezer, but everything else I am piecing together from ingredients I have. A trip store to supplement will be necessary, but I think I have most of it.

The Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken is a family favorite and I just love it. It is going to be the recipe of the week featured on Wednesday, so look for pictures of it then!

My daughter is going to be making sausage and tomatoes over penne. This is exactly what it sounds like. She chops sausage links and adds a can of diced tomato. Then I let her go crazy testing out spices (with a little guidance) and pour it over penne. It usually ends up being pretty good and honestly anything with sausage is a winning dish around here.

Thursday is fish or vegetarian day for us so I am testing out a teryaki tilapia recipe. My hubby isn't big on fish so this might be a disaster, but you never know. I will keep you posted.

Broccoli Potato Cheese soup is a peace offering for the husband after the fish night. It sounds great and easy enough to put in the slow cooker before we head to the movies. I will definitely let you all know how it goes.

The big test of the week is going to be the Italian Meat pie. I have some cooked and seasoned ground beef in the freezer and a couple pie crusts so I am going to find a way to combine them into a tasty meat pie. If anyone has any suggestions on flavorful sauces, let me know. Do you think a tomato based sauce would work? Hrm....

No comments: