While I am still researching cocoa butter and ways to make it taste less like bug spray in peanut butter cups, I decided to make what is quickly becoming a favorite snack around here - The Raw Chocolate Milkshake Miracle . There have been several variations and honestly, since we aren't too picky about the raw or vegan things it has really opened the possibilities. I am going to go ahead and feature my daughter's favorite. It is becoming so popular that even her brother and sister and somewhat finicky grandmother have grown to like this "milkshake"
The original recipe:
Raw Chocolate Milkshake Miracle
• ¼ cup hemp seeds (or use soaked almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds etc.)
• 2 heaping Tbsp. raw cacao powder
• 1 Avocado
• 1 very large frozen banana (or 2 small)
• 2 Tbsp. raw honey, agave, or maple syrup
• dash sea salt
• ¾ - 1 cup water
• 4 ice cubes
1. Blend all the ingredients together; add water to thin if desired.
Ashley's Favorite Version - with PB2
2 tbsp chocolate PB2
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 large frozen banana
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 cup of milk
1/4 cup dark chocolate covered cacoa nibs
1. Blend all the ingredients together; add milk if desired.
We have varied this up with frozen strawberries and blueberries added in. Honestly, possibilites are plentiful and the taste is delicious. Hopefully she won't get bored of this one soon!