Sunday, January 1, 2012

Meal Plans for the New Year

Well, it is time to start the year off right. Last year I managed to keep the meal plans up until August. Here is hoping that I can keep it going for the entire year this time!



Many people I know have a hard time making meals plans and fall into a rut with just recycling the same weekly menu over and over again. One way I have found to combat this is to make a monthly plan. That may seem like a daunting task, but really it is very easy. Assign each weekday a protein or theme and then just come up with 4 recipes of that type. For my family we do the following pattern:

Monday - Chicken
Tuesday - Pork
Wednesday- Beef
Thursday - Seafood/ vegetarian or another light meat
Friday - Soup
Saturday - Kid fun and friendly
Sunday - Pizza or other fun meal



So this is my plan for the month. Many are recipes from other blogs that  have found from pinterest. I will link to the recipes when I can. Honestly, I am super excited to try out a lot of new healthy meals and hopefully they will help keep all the blood sugar problems under control. I will keep you posted. ;P



1 Sunday
black eye peas, bacon sprouts, noodles and ham
2 Monday
3 Tuesday
4 Wednesday
Beef and Pineapple kabobs over couscous
5 Thursday
6 Friday
7 Saturday
Turkish meatballs with Cucumber Salad and Flatbreads
8 Sunday
Pizza
9 Monday
10 Tuesday
11 Wednesday
12 Thursday
13 Friday
escarole and rice soup
14 Saturday
15 Sunday
Fuddruckers
16 Monday
17 Tuesday
garlic lime pork chops
18 Wednesday
19 Thursday
Raspberry chipotle glazed tilapia
20 Friday
21 Saturday
Grilled balsamic and garlic flank steak with gorgonzola mushrooms and polenta
22 Sunday
Pizza
23 Monday
General Tsaos with brown rice and green beans
24 Tuesday
25 Wednesday
beef fajitas
26 Thursday
27 Friday
French onion soup
28 Saturday
Sauteed chicken with celery root puree and chestnuts
29 Sunday
Shrimp and grits
30 Monday
Healthy chicken taquitos
31 Tuesday

No comments: