Monday, December 21, 2009

Cookies!!!

It that time of year! Time for Christmas cookies and treats galore. What are your families favorites?





Around here we love anything with chocolate, but chocolate and peanut butter put us all over the top. My favorite cookie recipe is for the easy peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses on top. The recipe I have is so easy that the hardest part is waiting for the cookies to cool.

Easy Peanut Butter Kissy Cookies

1cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
one beaten egg
36 unwrapped kisses

Mix peanut butter sugar and egg together. Roll into 2/4 inch balls and bake for 8 minutes. Place kiss on top of each cookie and cool on the cookie sheet



Last week I was crazed making treat trays for teacher gifts. Each tray had Chocolate Chip Zucchini bread, pumpkin muffins, Easy Peanut Butter Kissy Cookies and Glitter Balls.

Glitter Balls were my 9 year olds contribution. They are made by mixing powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and m&m's with chocolate syrup, rolling into balls and then chilling. Once the balls are cold, they are dipped in melted white chocolate and sprinkled with colored sugar. They are not for diabetics or those watching their weight! One of these will send you into a sugar coma, but they are very tasty and cute. Next time, I think we will make the balls smalled so that they are tiny little bite sized treats. That may make the sweetness easier to handle!

Unfortunately, I had my first cookie disaster of the season today. I was making a huge batch of Chocolate Peanut Clusters in my slow cooker. My slow cooker got to hot and burned all the chocolate!!! Currently my house smells like a combination of burnt chocolate, baking meatloaf and pine. Its a bit like Christmas caught on fire! Definitely not a scent that Glade will be putting in a candle soon.

So anyway, if you have ideas for great Christmas cookies, let me know. Just nothing that goes in a crockpot please!










No comments: