Sunday, August 29, 2010

Batch Cooking With Friends

Lately I have been so busy filling other people's freezers that I have neglected my own, but today I changed that. A few of us got together and did a little batch cooking. 5 meals done in less than an hour, then we got to sit and chat for another hour or so just to make  it seem like we really toiled over these meals to our spouses. The dishes we prepared were really simple but will be oh so yummy and fast to the table. We did a lot of chicken dishes so we could take advantage of the case discounts and really got a great deal.

This party's meals were :
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Sweet Asian Chicken
Wine and Herb Marinated Chicken
Greek Tomato Feta Chicken Cutlets
Ginger Soy Marinated Ribeyes

It was a mix of old favorites and a couple new recipes to try out, but at $37 per person it was definitely a great deal.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I love you more every time you post. I'm about to stop trying to re-invent the wheel, and just use yours.