Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 8- I'M BAAAAACCCCKK

Yes, finally the plague seems to have left us. The red x has been scrubbed from our front door and I am ready to re-enter the world. Sadly, it is not going to be a soft entrance, but more of a bone jarring kick in the pants. This is the final week of Girl Scout cookie sales and we have to make up for lost time. My daughter is close to getting to 1000 boxes so we will be hitting the ground running to finish up.

Today I went ahead and prepped everything for the week. One of my clients had requested 7 meals to be ready tonight, so I doubled the batches and have dinner ready for the week! Yes, I know that is kind of cheating, but I don't care. Seriously, right now I am needing to use all the tricks I can!!!

Monday- Marinated New York strip with  blue cheese butter and a root vegetable mash.
Tuesday - Pork roast stuffed with plantain and Ajili Mojilli sauce and Caribbean pineapple Cole slaw
Wednesday - Turkish Meatballs with cucumber salad and Naan
Thursday - Mediterranean Chicken thighs with Greek Orzo and roasted veggies
Friday - Isreali Moroccan Couscous
Saturday -  Curried Lamb and Lentils
Sunday - Swanky Chicken Rundown with Pumpkin rice

I am really excited about this weeks meals and showing some new flavors to my family. Hopefully even the finicky 4 year old will try it out.

1 comment:

Shelley N. said...

I see nothing wrong with doubling the recipes and feeding your own family. Makes sense to me and I'd do it all the time if I had your cooking skills! :)