Monday, January 25, 2010

Breakfast Cups

Mornings are a rough time for me. I am not a morning person at all, so getting 3 kids fed and 2 of them out the door with their father by 7:30 can be really rough. One thing I have found that helps thing flow a bit smoother is to have breakfast items ready to go in the freezer. I can just pull them out the night before and they will be ready to heat and eat in the morning. Usually we are stocked with waffles and pancakes, but this time I decided to try something a bit different. Breakfast cups!

First- I started with liquid egg, chopped frozen spinach, shredded mozzarella cheese and some cooked ground pork sausage.


I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl and ladled into a muffin pan coated with cooking spray.



Finally, I baked them at 350 for about 17 minutes.

The end result was almost like individual mini frittatas. Next time I may not use as much spinach, just to make them more appetizing for the little ones. These freeze beautifully and were a super fast breakfast. Now I just need to figure out how to get them dressed quicker!


2 comments:

Fiona said...

Neat idea! What's the best method for reheating?

Elizabeth said...

Sorry I am just seeing your comment! I usually reheat them in the microwave because I am always in a hurry.