Friday, January 21, 2011

Blaze's return to Glory - Green Chili Pork

I don't know what was going on with Blaze, but maybe 2010 was just a bad year for her and 2011 is her comeback year. No matter what that crock pots deal was, she has been treating me right lately. On one of last week's crazy days I decided to trust her again with a delicious green chil pork roast I had in the freezer. This is one of the easiest dishes I know how to prepare and it is a major hit at batch parties.

I just pulled the already seasoned roast from the freezer and thawed it.

Then I poured the contents of the entire bag into the Blaze.


It cooked on low for 6 hours before I drained some of the liquid off and shredded the meat.


Normally I serve this with corn tortillas, but since we are doing the low carb thing we had it on salad greens with black beans, shredded cheese and sour cream. It was delicious! Seriously this is a no fail recipe. You have to try it.

Slow Cooker Green Chili Pork Roast


3 pound boneless pork loin
8 oz jar of salsa Verde
3 tablespoons of lime juice
Place all ingredients in a large freezer bag and freeze.

Thaw completely and place contents of bag in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Serve with corn tortillas and salsa of your choice.

No comments: