Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year- My Foodie Resolutions

Every year I make the same resolutions- lose weight, save money, blah blah blah. This year I am going for something a bit different. I am making food resolutions! Hopefully, this will help me meet my other goals as well.



1. Get back to basics. Simple basic ingredients that are as close to their natural state as possible. I really want to work on my kids enjoying the flavor of food for it's actual flavor, not because it is covered in a cheese sauce. We are pretty good about not eating a lot of processed foods, but I would

2. Concentrate more on quality instead of quantity in ingredients and meals.

3. Try something new- I want to try one new ingredient or one new cooking method a month. Last night I used phyllo dough for the first time and it was a disaster. That is definitely something I want to work on.

4. Take it slow. Dinner is always such a rushed meal that we hardly enjoy it. We really need to slow down, enjoy the flavors and maybe learn a bit.

No comments: